My name is Nimrod (Nim) Dvir.
I am a seasoned UX and AI researcher with over a decade of experience. Currently, I serve as an Visiting Assistant Professor at SUNY Albany, where I earned my PhD in Information Science with a focus on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
My research and teaching philosophy were shaped by my diverse background and international education, and are rooted in communication, behavioral economics, and human-computer interaction.
Feel free to reach out for research collaborations, speaking engagements, consultation inquiries, or just get to know me better at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ph.D. in Information Science, State University of New York at Albany, USA (Nov 2022)
Qualifications and skills
Professional Certificate in Web Development, The City University of New York
Database management: SQL, SQLite, MySQL, MS Access
Statistical analysis and scientific data manipulation: SPSS, JASP, R and RStudio, MATLAB, Tableau, Alteryx, NumPy, pandas, SciPy, Matplotlib
Machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing (NLP): NLTK, spaCy, Word2vec, ChatGPT API, PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn
Customer relationship management (CRM) and content management system (CMS): Salesforce (SFDC administrator), WordPress, Jekyll, Mailchimp
Diagramming, graphic design, wireframing and prototyping: MS Visio, LucidChart, Canva, Adobe XD, Figma, MailChimp, Balsamiq
User research: Qualtrics, Google Surveys, UserTesting, SurveyMonkey
1. Excellence in Research Project, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2023
2. Distinguished Dissertation Award, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2023
3. Full academic scholarship, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2016-2022,
4. Doctoral research assistantship, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2015-2018
5. Paper-athon participant, The International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2018
6. Doctoral consortium award, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2018
7. Professional development grant, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2017-2018
8. Superior reviewer award, Informing Science Institute (ISI), 2017
9. Graduate assistantship, Baruch College, City University of New York – CUNY (USA), 2012-2014
10. Presidential Honor Scholarship, New York University (USA), 2011
My research interests include user engagement with information technology, AI and computational linguistics, and data-driven design to enhance business performance.
As an expert in research design, I employ various methods such as usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys, and am proficient in Python programming, NLP, and data analysis.