UX Researcher and AI Researcher
Visiting Assistant Professor
The State University of New York at Albany
My name is Nimrod (Nim) Dvir.
I am a seasoned UX and AI researcher with over a decade of experience. Currently, I serve as an Visiting Assistant Professor at SUNY Albany, where I earned my PhD in Information Science with a focus on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
My research and teaching philosophy were shaped by my diverse background and international education, and are rooted in communication, behavioral economics, and human-computer interaction.
My research interests include user engagement with information technology, AI and computational linguistics, and data-driven design to enhance business performance.
As an expert in research design, I employ various methods such as usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys, and am proficient in Python programming, NLP, and data analysis.
As a visiting assistant professor at SUNY Albany Business School, I teach undergraduate, graduate, and MBA courses, and guide research teams in implementing design and AI strategies for better user experiences.
My award-winning research has been published in top academic journals and presented at prestigious conferences. I actively collaborate on projects related to UXR, generative text, machine learning, and AI, and provide guidance on design decisions.
Feel free to reach out for research collaborations, speaking engagements, consultation inquiries, or just get to know me better at email@example.com.
Ph.D. in Information Science, State University of New York at Albany, USA (Nov 2022)
Specializations: Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Management Information Systems (MIS)
Dissertation: "Sticky Words: A Computational Linguistics Approach to Assessment and Manipulation of Information Engagement" (Recipient: Excellence in research award)
M.B.A. in Marketing and Information Systems, Baruch College, CUNY, USA (Dec 2014)
Graduated summa cum laude
B.A. in Political Science (International Relations) and Journalism, New York University (NYU), USA (Dec 2011)
Presidential Honor Program, graduated summa cum laude
B.A. in Social Sciences and Humanities, The Open University of Israel (Dec 2009)
Qualifications and skills
Professional Certificate in Web Development, The City University of New York
Database management: SQL, SQLite, MySQL, MS Access
Statistical analysis and scientific data manipulation: SPSS, JASP, R and RStudio, MATLAB, Tableau, Alteryx, NumPy, pandas, SciPy, Matplotlib
Machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing (NLP): NLTK, spaCy, Word2vec, ChatGPT API, PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn
Customer relationship management (CRM) and content management system (CMS): Salesforce (SFDC administrator), WordPress, Jekyll, Mailchimp
Diagramming, graphic design, wireframing and prototyping: MS Visio, LucidChart, Canva, Adobe XD, Figma, MailChimp, Balsamiq
User research: Qualtrics, Google Surveys, UserTesting, SurveyMonkey
1. Excellence in Research Project, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2023
2. Distinguished Dissertation Award, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2023
3. Full academic scholarship, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2016-2022,
4. Doctoral research assistantship, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2015-2018
5. Paper-athon participant, The International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2018
6. Doctoral consortium award, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2018
7. Professional development grant, State University of New York at Albany (USA), 2017-2018
8. Superior reviewer award, Informing Science Institute (ISI), 2017
9. Graduate assistantship, Baruch College, City University of New York – CUNY (USA), 2012-2014
10. Presidential Honor Scholarship, New York University (USA), 2011
If you're interested in collaborating on research projects, scheduling speaking engagements, inquiring about my consultation and teaching work, or simply getting to know me better, please don't hesitate to reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form below